Praying for Natural Disasters Around the Globe
Prayer Guidelines for Praying for Natural Disasters 2023
When A Natural Disaster Strikes
"Do you feel overwhelmed as you learn of yet another calamity that has struck a nation somewhere? Do you sometimes feel helpless as images of people in crisis flash across your media screens? It can be that you feel it is impossible to keep up in prayer as several disasters continue to hit the globe. Following are some thoughts you may consider in prayer for all these different circumstances."
Download the prayer guidelines compiled by Jericho Walls International Prayer Network here
Visit their webpage here
Prayer for the raging fires in the Northern Cape - September 2021
Runaway veld fires have torn through large parts of the Northern Cape this week, with the blaze spreading more than 100km since it was first discovered on Saturday. Large sections of both the N8 and N12-roads in the Northern Cape have been closed off. Over the past few days, strong winds drove these fires out of control in several areas in the Northern Cape, and fires also spread into the Free State. Agri Northern Cape says that the extent of the damage of these latest fires will only be established once it has been brought under control. Last month, a fire in the Kuruman and Kathu areas burned about 150,000ha of farmland and affected more than 50 farmers, burning 90%-100% of their land. - Compile by Jericho Walls International Prayer Network
Read the guidelines online here
Download the pdf document here
Prayer for the raging fires in the Western Cape and an end to the
devastating drought - 2017
The Western Cape province of South Africa has been severely affected by wildfires since the beginning of 2017. Thousands of hectares of grazing, livestock, vegetation, and property were destroyed. Following are prayer guidelines that were released on 19 January by Jericho Walls International Prayer Network.
Please continue to pray for the firefighters and others who are working to contain the fires. Pray for their protection and for protection for the rest of our nation.
We pray and proclaim:
1. Father God let your name be sanctified, may your kingdom come, Your will be done in South Africa. We bow low before You. We humble ourselves to take responsibility for the fires in our country. We are guilty, Lord, of allowing emotions and accusations to fester unchecked in our nation. Please forgive us. We acknowledge that the situation is beyond our control and ask for your help to confront and restrain those who are responsible for starting the fires. We ask for the culprits to be arrested and for justice to be restored. We ask for help for those who have lost loved ones, lost houses and property, whose farms and lands were destroyed, their livelihood go up in flames, for those who may lose their jobs, and for relief for the suffering of both humans and animals. Have mercy on us!
2. Father, we come in the name of Jesus to cancel any and all curses that are spoken over our country, our people, and our resources. We cancel every negative word, every ritual, every incantation, or secret decree. We ask that You cancel every contract that was made with any spiritual force, principality, or power, by the blood of Jesus Christ and His victory over Satan and sin.
3. In the name of Jesus Christ and according to Matt 12:29 we bind this spirit that is at work in our county, exacting revenge and retribution, causing resentment and inflicting pain and suffering, opposing the plans and purposes that You have for our nation. We bind it from working with our youth and families, through our educational, political, judicial, and economic systems, through our media and entertainment, and through any organized or unorganized religion in our country. In the name of Jesus Christ, we rebuke this spirit, we disarm it, remove its sword and fiery arrows according to Col 2:15, for Jesus already disarmed it. We command it to release its hold on South Africa as a nation, with all its citizens and foreigners, so that people will have the opportunity to decide and choose between right and wrong, receive salvation from sins, and be trained in righteousness.
4. We call upon the name of Jesus Christ: be our refuge and our salvation. You are our King, our Judge, our Advocate, our Savior, and our Lord. We submit our nation to You and You alone. Please send us rain to restore our land, and break the hold of the drought that is still lingering.
5. Father in your name we pray a blessing over South Africa and its people. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine over you. May He lift up his countenance over you and give you peace.
Jeremiah 23:29 "Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord, And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
Hebrews 11:33-34 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Call to pray for an end to the drought.pdf