PRAYER POINTS FOR BUILDING A RIGHTEOUS NATION
“Righteousness and justice are the foundations of His throne” Psalm 97:2b
Gather the Burden Bearers
“And the LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it." Ezekiel 9:4
· Throughout South Africa there are those who have already been ‘marked’ by the Lord because of their burden for the nation. Ask God to help us to find one another in our villages, towns, cities, and provinces. Practically yourself seek them out and share about the Prayer Movement.
· Ask God to raise up servant leaders with a grace to gather the saints across barriers that divided us in the past (racial and denominational) – Psalm 50:5, Gal 3:28, Eph 4:4-6
Call Fivefold Ministers to Repentance
“He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness.” Malachi 3:3
· Pray that men and women of God who lead the church throughout the nation would have a divine encounter with the Head of the church, Jesus Christ – Acts 9:1-6
· Pray for true apostles and prophets to arise in the nation in the humility and authority of Christ to restore the priority of prayer in the church – Mat 21:12-13
· Pray that the fivefold ministers who lead the congregations will also make prayer their personal priority and lead the prayer meetings in the church – Acts 6:1-4
· Pray that around the nation fivefold ministers would gather together to seek God’s will for the nation – Acts 13:1-2
Building a Highway of Holiness
“A highway shall be there, and a road, And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness.
The unclean shall not pass over it, But it shall be for others. Whoever walks the road,
although a fool, Shall not go astray. No lion shall be there, Nor shall any ravenous beast
go up on it; It shall not be found there. But the redeemed shall walk there” Isaiah 35:8-9
· Pray for the restoration of the place of the word of God in the church. God has exalted His word even above His name – Psalm 138:2, Mat 24:35, 1 Peter 1:24-25, Mat 4:4
· Pray for a new diligence to study the truth of God’s word to sanctify the believers – John 17:17
· Pray the believers would understand that holiness is not an option but essential for every believer – 1 Peter 1:15-16, Hebrews 12:14
· Pray for believers to grow from being children to maturity that they may be skilled in the word of righteousness and able to discern the clean from the unclean Hebrews 12:13-14
Building a Righteous Nation
“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some
pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the
edifying of the body of Christ” Ephesians 4:11-12
· Every church is meant to be built on “the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone” Ephesians 2:20. Pray for realignment of the church in South Africa wherever the foundation is faulty.
· Pray for fivefold ministers to have a renewed understanding of their calling to equip all members of their congregation for the work of the ministry
· Pray for apostolic and prophetic teachers to rise up in the nation who understand the times and know what God wants to do in this season – 1 Chronicles 12:32
· Pray for the teaching ministry to take more prominence in the church in this year and specifically to disciple the nation in righteousness.
Restoration of Justice in SA
“For the LORD is our Judge, The LORD is our Lawgiver, The LORD is our King; He will save us” Isaiah 33:22
· Thank God that we have a Chief Justice who knows and fears the Lord, Moegoeng Moegoeng, Pray for God’s protection over him, his wife and his children.
· Pray for the grace, truth, and light of the Lord Jesus Christ that are so evident in His life will permeate the whole of the Judiciary. Pray that the wisdom of heaven would be his daily portion James 3:17. Pray for the success of the changes that he introduces.
· Pray for the SA Judiciary Institute that it will equip our judges to be the best not only inlaw itself but in integrity and righteousness.
· Pray that judges would resist every invitation and temptation to become corrupt.
· Pray that justice would become available for even the poorest in the villages.
God Fearing Leaders in Government in South Africa
“That they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified." Isaiah 61:3b
· Pray for the Josephs, the Daniels, the Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego’s of this generation, who have been prepared by the Lord to come into key positions
· Pray for the church to envision and equip the saints for ministry in the marketplace
· Pray for the Kingdom Governance Movement that has been started to rapidly grow, uniting Christians with a vision to bring righteousness into government
“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.”