Pray for the Nelson Mandela MetropoleWeekly prayer pointers are compiled by the Nelson Mandela Bay Transformation Christian Network for churches in the Metropole. These guidelines under the heading of Arise and Build are available on the Transformation Christian Network and PE Churchnet websites.
Sample Prayer Guidelines: ARISE and BUILD!
Encouragement: Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed... Isaiah 54: 4
- Every congregation in the Bay to experience a move of God in their midst. May they see many coming to salvation through the witness of their people; many of their members growing & developing ministries, and for each one of their believers to experience a fresh anointing and a new enthusiasm to worship and serve God. (Isaiah 54: 2-4; 17)
- May each church seek to impact their area with the gospel and good works! (Matt. 5: 13-16)
- The learners and students as they return to schools; colleges and universities: them to return with fresh motivation to achieve their very best; and to apply themselves from the beginning of the year. Peace on all our campuses – a lack of violence and bullying! Strength and restored energy for all our teachers and lecturers; teachers and lecturers to desire to educate all those that they are instructing! Textbooks to arrive on time at every venue. (Isaiah 54: 13)
- NMB Business Sector: Christians to catch the vision of being workplace ministers; new and large investment in NMB; an upturn in the economy of the Bay; employment for the unemployed; our local government, NGO’s, churches and business people attempting to alleviate systemic poverty in our area. (1John 3: 2)
- Safety & security in NMB: an end to gang warfare & all violence; protection over our communities; discernment, wisdom and direction to enable our police to be highly effective; peace & calm in the Bay and at our Correctional Facilities; protection over our SAPS & Prison Warders; people using our beaches, as well as those travelling on our roads. (Ps.91)
- Families: an eradication of the abuse of women and children; emotional healing in individuals bringing reconciliation and a greater unity in NMB families; for our families to follow the Biblical pattern found in Eph. 5: 25- 6: 4.
- Direction; Vision and Hope for the Bay and for our Nation: God’s intervention in the affairs of this Land; for Him to guide all leaders in our City and in our Nation; greater stability and peace; our Heavenly Father to give our Nation new vision and fresh hope; to take our National heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh: soft and tender towards the Lord our God and towards one another. (Ezekiel 36: 26-27)
December 2017 to January 2018
Encouragement: For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father; Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace, there will be no end.
Isaiah 9: 6
Praise God for:
- The amazing meeting held in the Parliament Buildings on the 24 November 2017. May its effect be far-reaching and may it have an influence on the whole of South Africa!
- For the thousands of people in South Africa, who came to a salvation through Christ in 2017! May we see many more people receiving Christ in 2018! (Romans 10: 9-10)
- All those sharing the Word of God during these holidays to be mightily anointed by the Spirit of the Lord; revival & blessing in every congregation in the Bay. (Luke 4: 18-19)
- The Christmas and New Year Services and Outreaches to be well attended by the locals and the visitors to NMB. May many be reached by the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through these meetings! (John 14: 6)
- Good relationships in families during these holidays: reconciliation where there has been argument and misunderstanding; forgiveness where there has been hurt, healing where there has been heartache; an end to drunkenness and addiction; abuse and rebellion. (Psalm 133)
- The lonely: Christians to become aware of and reach out in love to those without family or friends; the shut-ins and all those that feel abandoned during this Christmas season. (Psalm 68: 5-6)
- Great blessing on our Youth Camps: many salvations and spiritual growth. (Ps. 119: 9)
- Hope: New vision and new hope for our country and for our Metro; stability in both our National and Local Government; strong righteous leadership in all spheres of government.
May our country be built on Kingdom principles and may its people honour the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ! (Psalm 31: 24)
- Safety & security in NMB: an end to gang warfare & all violence; protection over our communities; discernment, wisdom and direction to enable our police to be highly effective; peace & calm in the Bay and at our Correctional Facilities; protection over our SAPS & Prison Warders; people using our beaches, as well as those travelling on our roads, and to and from the Bay; (Ps.91)
- Restoring Vision and Hope (A new heart for our Nation). Lord give our Nation new vision and fresh hope; take our National heart of stone and replace it with a heart of flesh: soft and tender towards the Lord our God and towards one another, in the mighty Name, which is above all names, the Name of Jesus! (Ezekiel 36: 26-27).
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for (the city) because if it prospers, you will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7
Prayer pointers supplied by NMB: Transformation Christian Network.